9 Reasons RedHeads are AWESOME
Today, November 5th, is National RedHeads day. Anyone that knows me understands why I think RedHeads are just awesome. As I have aged, my hair has turned a darker Auburn but I have two boys that remind me daily about the awesomeness of RedHeads.
I could give you a hundred reasons why I think redheads are awesome but I will narrow the list to 9.
- Only 2% of the world’s population has red hair. So we don’t have to worry about being unique. Our hair does all that work for us!
- We never get lost in a crowd. (This is especially true if you are TALL and RedHeaded like my oldest son.)
- Red hair is a recessive gene so a redhead having a redhead child is uncommon. I have TWO redheads. I obviously won the genetic lottery.
- When meeting another redhead, we immediately feel an unmistakable bond with them. My two best friends are redheads!
- I’ve been told that we don’t gray as much as other hair colors. I’m starting to see more gray hair so maybe this one doesn’t apply to me. 🙁
- We have an entire day that celebrates our hair!
- We have thicker hair than any other hair color.
- Our pain tolerance is higher than average. (That’s been a blessing from time-to-time!)
- We have angel kisses (freckles). These freckles can hide our pimples and typically make us look younger.
Bottom line is, we just wouldn’t be “us” without our red hair!
Just for fun, here’s a photo of a younger me when my hair was redder. I was in 5th grade in this photograph. Just a little younger than my youngest son!